Accessing BLE input to Processing

I have a BLE feed from Arduino - but can not access the data from processing sketch on macbook pro, neither of two bluetooth devices seems to have any accessable data - “/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port” nor “/dev/tty.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port”.

1 Like

Same need. I heard about BLE 4.0 library… but I cant be able to find it.

1 Like

I found this reference on the old forum site; may or may not be helpful:
https://github.com/joshuajnoble/blepdroid

1 Like

Haven’t used bluetooth direct from PC for a while, on Windows-XP it was never very good. Go around the problem: Buy usb-ttl converter (that’s just the first one I found, not recommending that shop or price). Connect that with 3 wires to HC05. You’re probably familiar with HC05 and other BT adaptors. Now on your PC/Mac you have the BT data on a normal (virtual) serial port. Correction, 4 wires, VCC, 0V, TX, RX.

1 Like

Hi

@RichardDL Have you used this with BluetoothLE?

@svan, Thank you. Regret had not realised that there is Bluetooth and Bluetooth LE. I have several HC05 and they are not all the same. Also some similar, possibly JDY-10. Quick search on Ebay shows this HC05 and this JDY-10 claim BLE. (Ebay descriptions are not always totally accurate.) If you can buy a serial-to-BLE module then you can use the usb-to-serial adaptor to talk to it.