In 2000 I wrote some code that wrapped a bitmap around the iteration boundaries of a fractal. A few days ago I ported the code into Processing 4 with the help of Claude AI and created some images I thought were interesting (see attached). The Darth Vader / Emperor one is a composite of two images, all others are raw output from Fractal Wrapper.
Absolutely stunning ![]()
Ivan, I really like how you combined real life images into curves made by imaginary numbers, especially like Julia Mush and Shroom tree(from other site). I make heaps of fractals (mainly using Lazarus, some Csharp and OpenProcessing/P5 JS) but I never came across anything like your Fractal Wrapper curves. I also looked at your gallery pictures and your reddit page. Your curves are all amazing. I can’t believe how much detail is in your Fractal Wrapper curves.
Hi Ed, thank you for the compliments and nice email; I’m always happy to correspond with another fractal programmer. I’m currently on vacation in Poland but I will respond to your email in full when I get back to my computer in the United States in a couple weeks.
Regards,
Ivan
Hi again Ed, I’m back in town at my computer. Thanks for those images you sent, the spherization of the stained glass dome is pretty cool. Is that a true 3D mapping onto a sphere or did you use some kind of trick to simulate it? Also, is there an online gallery of your fractal art I can see?
I’ve always been interested in the idea of infinite detail so I try to render very high resolution (8k or 16k) images of fractals. This is my latest one, and here is the video.
For some reason I’m no longer able to see the reflected trig fractal done in Lazarus. If you have any more cool fractals, send 'em on over.
Regards,
Ivan
Welcome back Ivan. Hopefully your trip to Poland was good?
We kinda share a “Slavic” background. My late parents were from Slovenia and you have a Polish background.
Sorry for removing them. I wrongly assumed that I may have upset you, as I did not receive a reply until later on. As it turned out, you were overseas.
Attached is reflected fractal that I made in Lazarus last year and a spherization of the stained glass dome I did the spherization using a program that I have, I can send it if you like?).
Some of my Lazarus programs are here: github link Boleeman_Curves but I have many more.
I also have Processing samples here:
openprocessing link
p5js
A recent P5 creation:
And a test render from my latest Lsystem P5 JS renderer (will soon upload to this forum)

I kept on coming across your art on the NET with labels “Freyman” and finally I have met the man.
I love playing around with different graphics and program in different languages (mostly Lazarus and Processing/ P5 JS and a bit of CSharp and V (new c++) and a tiny bit of Java).
Fractal and recursive graphics are what I like best.
Your artistic/computer coding skills are fantastic.
With that YouTube link I get:
Video unavailable
This video has been removed by the uploader
I like the way how you integrated real life images into the fractal curves. Nice.
I also played around with some existing processing code and extended it. It fits circles to graphics.
I went on a trip to NYC to visit family right after Poland, so once again I’m away from my computer and I will respond when I get back. September is turning out to be a busy travel month.
I am fascinated by the elephant made of circles, I’m curious how your algorithm determines the coordinates and radius of each circle. The animated fractal plant is pretty cool, I did something similar a while back but it was not as nice. Will write more when I am back in town.
Here’s a working youtube link to my last video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiYTDJDb8zs
Here’s my channel: https://www.youtube.com/@FreymanArt2024
Regards,
Ivan
Ivan thanks for those links.
I also watched your “My Music, 3D, and Fractal Animation Collage”.
Some fractals sort of remind me a little of the spikey fractal BoiMorphs that I did in Lazarus and CSharp a while ago (The animtion just to show the types of curves, a bit jumpy).
Here are some plain color ones

I also have some multi-color ones .

You made some really beautiful and smooth animations.
Here are some of my latest renderings of my latest P5 sketches:
Combining Parametric Curves with Fractals
And a Fractal Spaceship (webGL but a bit speckled):

Pinwheel Fractal SVG
Lastly some LSystem Fractals (went back and did other features)
Hi Ed, those new ones you posted are pretty neat! I remember discovering something similar to “BioMorphs” (by Clifford Pickover) when I was experimenting with these drawing styles. Your renderings are true BioMorphs and they really look like microscopic little things.
The spherization app would be cool to play with if you can upload or share it with me somehow.
I don’t have any experience with parametric curves and fractals but it seems like a good way to generate very complex (and therefore interesting) paths, which I’m assuming will get more complex with each iteration. Lots of great stuff in the images you sent. Are you self taught in fractals or did you have a mentor or take a university class or something?
I am actually Russian, not Polish. I only visited Poland as a tourist and because my wife has a relative in Gdansk. Also saw Warsaw and Krakow, both positive experiences.
The app that fits circles into graphics (elephant): I’m curious how it works. How does it find the centers of the circles to draw and how does it determine their radiuses?
Some of the graphics I made in the Animation College on YouTube was just for fun when I was working as a 3D artist but I’ve since retired.
The reflected fractal is nice. Is that from the Burning Ship formula?
Here’s my latest Fractal Wrapper movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIL-ob_ucwI

















