Video in Android Mode

… this takes over and continues from the thread at the old forum

@flashbacker

The line … afd = context.getAssets().openFd(“machine_compr.mp4”); generates a file error for me too if the video is in the project folder. if you create a Data folder and put the video in there it works! When Processing turns your sketch into ‘proper’ Java/Android, the video is put into the apps Assets folder which is where getAssets() looks for it. I am guessing that this is why trying to load from and SD with this method doesn’t work… the file has to be in the Assets folder.

A start at least!!

@akenaton At last I can see a video … phew … hard work yes and more yet to be done but it’s a start!

@shedMusic===

i dont have time enough to go to the “old forum” but i un derstand reading your pos that you have tried the afd putting your video on the SD card: in this case afd cannot work (but you can use URI to make it running)
i am happy to have helped you and that finally it runs: now you can see that you can play video without any library…

good luck!

Is it possible to load 400 photos of total size 85MB on android mode?

@akenaton
Yes, that’s right … it runs. Just now trying look at the surface view stacking order as if use full screen, the video goes behind the main sketch … I am at least again motivated to try again!

Edit:… and I found it … mySurface.setZOrderOnTop(true)

:slight_smile: Happy days

@shedMusic
Yes it works! :slight_smile:
So the problem is really the file location when trying to put it on the SD card… Should we get back to DataSource() for that?
I can’t just export the app with the videos because my “playlist” is supposed to change dynamically

But it feels good to see finally something happening, thank you so much! :slight_smile:

@flashbacker

Yes, the problem is using getAssets. as this is searching in the assets folder of the app. I want the same as you … dynamically from the SD Card! @akenaton say it can be done using URI … so that’s where I will be looking next.

We’ll get there!

Great, I’m starting to read about URI as well. I have to admit it’s a brand new world to me!