Updating the topic template

I don’t know if this was suggested before, but I guess it would be great to update the topic template. It could be as wordy as p5.js issue template:

<!--
Hi there!
To check any option, replace the “” with a “”. Be sure to check out how it looks in the Preview tab! Feel free to remove any portion of the template that is not relevant for your issue.
-->

Most appropriate sub-area of p5.js?

• Accessibility (Web Accessibility)
  • Build tools and processes
  • Color
  • Core/Environment/Rendering
  • Data
  • DOM
  • Events
  • Friendly error system
  • IO (Input/Output)
  • Localization
  • Math
  • Unit Testing
  • Typography
  • Utilities
  • WebGL
  • Other (specify if possible)

Details about the bug:

• p5.js version: <!-- You can find this in the first line of the p5.js file -->
  • Web browser and version: <!-- In the address bar, on Chrome enter “chrome://version”, on Firefox enter “about:support”. On Safari, use “About Safari”. -->
  • Operating System: <!-- Ex: Windows/MacOSX/Linux/Android/iOS along with version -->
  • Steps to reproduce this:
    <!-- Include a simple code snippet that demonstrates the problem, along with any console errors produced. If this isn’t possible, then simply describe the issue as best you can! -->

I think the template can be commented out between <!-- and --> as in this template. And a code snippet with ``` would be helpful to illustrate where to put the code instead of asking to use </> button :slight_smile:

Hi @micuat,

I agree with you on that point, putting a source code example with proper formatting could save us some words explaining how to do it each time to newcomers! :wink:

The text you sent is for a bug report but do you plan to adapt it for the forum as not all posts are bugs?
Also I find that the list of options might pollute the posts as people will not want to erase all the other options…

1 Like

thanks! The bug report is just an example of how wordy or exhaustive it can be. And I agree that there are a lot that has to be deleted. But my main point was to bring this to discussion.

If I understand correctly the current format is something like this

please format code with </> button

My suggestion would be something like (ahh trying to format markdown within markdown this drives me crazy :exploding_head: )

<!--
Please read the following posts before posting!
* [homework policy](https://discourse.processing.org/faq/#homework)
* [asking questions](https://discourse.processing.org/t/2147)

-->

_```
// paste your code here
void setup() {
}
_```
1 Like