Here’s an import modules template I’ve been working on to work with Processing using any outside code editor.
It allows users to launch the .pyde file with PDE, and simply clic the Play button to launch their sketch. Every real work on the .py files can be done elsewhere.
- rename /template folder and template.pyde
- add modules & classes in /obj
- settings that need to be shared between classes are in the superclass settings.Settings
- objects are loaded in the canva in lib.world.World.populateWorld. As long as the object as a setup() or draw() method, it will be created.
- launch.py and template.pyde don’t need any change.
Please note that this has not been tested with controls inputs such as mousePressed.
Any comment appreciated