Stuck on Loading

Hi. I’m trying to get familiar with JS using p5.js. I downloaded p5.js complete, headed to the Get Started page and, as described, typed

ellipse(50, 50, 80, 80); 

in my (desktop) editor to test it out.

In Firefox, the result is a circle in the top-left corner. But in Chrome, nothing appears but “Loading…”. Also does not work in Opera. Only Firefox.

Can anyone shed a light on this? Appreciate any help.

Thank you for reading.

1 Like
1 Like

Hi, GoToLoop, thank you for responding.

I still would like to get to the bottom of my problem because, even if I start using an online editor now, eventually I want to set up my offline environment and to code in VSCode as I always do. (And because I’m curious to know why it doesn’t work on Chrome!)

Btw, I’d love to see some of your sketches, if you don’t mind sharing.

2 Likes

Thank you for thanking the time to help me. A web server worked like a charm. I also just notice that you had shared your sketches earlier but I didn’t see the little arrow to expand the messages, sorry about that. Good stuff. E tu é brasileiro? Olha que mundo pequeno! Grande abraço.

PS.: Just in case anyone in the future faces the same problem and find this thread, I also had to move the files from “empty-example” to the p5 folder, where the p5.js is, and edit the src path within the index.html file. Then launch the whole folder p5 into the web server.

1 Like