Rotating using math constants

So I’m trying to use the inbuilt constants QUARTER_PI, HALF_PI, and PI to make a single, non-animated rotation to render three separate boxes, but for whatever reason only QUARTER_PI works; using any other constant results in the box not being rendered.

push()

box(boxSize);

pop()

push() 
    rotateX(QUARTER_PI);
    rotateZ(QUARTER_PI);
    box(boxSize);
  pop()

push()
    rotateX(HALF_PI);
    rotateZ(HALF_PI);
    box(boxSize)
  pop()

In running this, the first two push/pop segments will render their boxes, but the third won’t. Is there a specific reason why QUARTER_PI is acceptable but not HALF_PI(or PI/TWO_PI, which I also tried)? I’d rather avoid having to using their corresponding degree values because the rotation appeared to be way less “precise”, for lack of a better word.

EDIT: Nevermind, just realized that HALF_PI is valid, but won’t result in visible change since I’m working with boxes.

https://editor.p5js.org/julian2/sketches/rJ4wZqRcQ

Hi!, so I think what the problem you see here is that you’re hitting one of the ‘rotational symmetries’ of the cube / box. a HALF_PI turn (a quarter rotation) would put the box in the same ‘apparent state’ as no rotation!

to try and demonstrate this, I’ve separated the three boxes with different offsets (from top to bottom), and I’ve tried to show a 1 second animation followed by a 2 second freeze (after the rotation has completed)