When I attempt to play sound via Processing, I get a fast pace pulsing click that starts after a couple of seconds. With no other sound coming from the speaker. The sound is via the HDMI connection. If I plug in headphones to the audiojack it doesn’t change anything.
I’ve tried several different sketches, including the sample sketches provided by Processing and I can’t get sound to play on my Raspberry Pi.
- I’ve tried mp3, aif, and wav files.
- I tried playing some of the files via the VLC player outside of processing. Some worked, some didn’t. If it’ worked in VLC i then tried it through Processing with no change in results.
- I took the same audio files and dragged them into the Chromium browser and they played just fine.
- via command line - aplay failed to play the files in a normal manner (sounded real static)
- some of the files I’m trying are 8 bit others are 16 bit. One hasn’t worked better or more consistently than the other.
- I’m using Raspbian and the latest build ie Stretch.
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- TV connected via HDMI cable
- Processing 3.5.3
- My cat has been supervising
Any insight is welcome