Python mode for Rosetta Code -- wiki and examples

Sure! Go ahead! I’ll close the PR.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve updated master and also have open a PR to change the new issue template – take a look and see what you think.

CONTRIBUTING.md still needs to be updated – I think we’ll need to change the tag advice – you mentioned that there is guidance on the wiki somewhere about that being syntax highlighter only? – and we may want to add separate links for the two modes – I’m not sure yet. The thing that I really liked about listing Python Mode for Processing as a separate language on the wiki was that you could get an auto-generated sketches-done and sketches-needed report for each, and contributors could quickly consult them. We’ll need to see if that is still possible when going the sub-categories route.

1 Like

Yes, exactly my thoughts!

I’m going to drop the credit lines for Java sketch authors (such as me) from the pyde files if that’s okay with you. The spirit of Rosetta code is that everybody copies everybody, but we’re including credit lines for each person that contributed actual Python code for the pyde example – in these examples, that is you!

1 Like