Processing vs Rhino coordinates

Hello everyone,

Understanding very little programming and facing a related problem and I need help for those who are available: I am working on the 3D animal head construction project from stainless wire using Rhino 6 + Matlab, the data is transferred to a homemade wire controlled by Arduino + Processing.

This is a sequence: extract curves from the 3D object → export as xyz coordinates of each one assigned to the script → send xyz to Matlab that converts to LRA (length, radius, angle) → from Matlab, send to Process as .txt, which interprets, generates an image of responses and sends the data to Arduino to move the machine’s mechanisms.

A big headache is how images selected in Processing are different from Rhino, that is, a manufactured part will not be the same as the drawing; I need clarification to understand what is wrong, so ask: IS THERE A CORRECT OBJECT POSITION FOR AN EXTRACTION OF COORDINATES WITHOUT PROCESSING?

The developers said that Rhino in any position is always right.

I did several tests changing positions randomly in Rhino and confessing that I worked hard to combine objects (Rhino - Processing), as shown in the videos
That’s how you do it to get the right image.

In the first video, notice a difference between Rhino and Processing; note that in the second video, after many changes in positions in Rhino, the objects matched.

Thankful,
Edson.

1 Like

What videos are you referring to?

“between Rhino and Processing” - "between Rhino and processing" - Google Search

Hello Jeremy

Sorry to confuse you, I just couldn’t insert the videos as .mp4 and tried as .gif, but it didn’t work either.

I don’t know if it is appropriate, but I will send you here.

Otherwise, disregard.

Every time I send Rhino’s coordinates to Processing, I have to keep rotating the object (changing position) so that Rhino and Processing are the same.

Strong hug

Edson.

(Attachment TRID.txt is missing)

Still can’t see videos / attachements, but that is fine.

Okay, so you are creating coordinates in Rhino, and you want to configure the view so that the coordinates will align with the default Processing view?

camera:
The default values are camera(width/2.0, height/2.0, (height/2.0) / tan(PI*30.0 / 180.0), width/2.0, height/2.0, 0, 0, 1, 0) . camera() / Reference / Processing.org

perspective:
The default values are: perspective(PI/3.0, width/height, cameraZ/10.0, cameraZ10.0) where cameraZ is ((height/2.0) / tan(PI60.0/360.0)); perspective() / Reference / Processing.org

I’m really stupid!
This is not what this is about; the fact is that whenever i load the 3d object coordinates in processing extracted from Rhino, the generated image is different.
But as the forum restricts file types and the amount of upload to new users, I am unable to make them understand.
Thank you anyway.

Edson

1 Like

Good luck!

If you want to share some code, someone can try to give you feedback.
You are also welcome to post a link to a video – YouTube, file share site, etc.

If you want to describe more – what do you mean by “the generated image is different” – that would help a lot. It is the wrong color? It has too many points? It is upside down? The points are connected in the wrong order…?

I will send a link with the videos and sketch processing.
I appreciate your patience and attention.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-VvIdpDYNPRsH2V-9pQqGBzdetRUhO7M

Edson.

I’m sorry for all the confusion I caused; I released access to the google drive; as the generated image is different it means that the points are connected in a disorderly way.

I’m sorry for all the confusion I caused; I released access to the google drive; as the generated image is different it means that the points are connected in a disorderly way.