Problem with android mousePressed

First of all: sorry for my bad english, i’m not. I tried to use mousePressed in android, and initially works. But after some tests, i found a serius problem. By clicking quickly at the same time with two fingers and releasing them, the mousePressed function returned magically true, until i didn’t click again. I saw that this problem exists in every Android 9 Processing code. I’m very desperate, please help me!

I don’t have a phone with Android Pie, but has your phone a variable pointer speed ?
Settings /General Management/Language and input/Pointer speed

Hi @anony;

In order to understand better what is happening, maybe you can try to add this function and print info (from Android Studio):

import android.view.MotionEvent; 
    public void surfaceTouchEvent(MotionEvent event) {
        //call to keep mouseX, mouseY, etc updated
        super.surfaceTouchEvent(event);
        final int actionPeformed = event.getAction();
        println("Event: " + event + " Action: " + actionPeformed);
        }
1 Like

Or you test the Ketai library which can capture gestures..

yep, in fact my function is from some reference by ketai, but I realized I was not using it in that moment :sweat_smile:

Hi @Waboqueox! I’m very happy, because of you. Your reference was very useful, and though the function return value is wrong (void), i found a very similar function that solve the problem!!
To solve the double touch problem on android processing, we’ve to add on our sketch:

import android.view.MotionEvent;
public boolean surfaceTouchEvent(MotionEvent event) {
    if(event.getActionMasked() == MotionEvent.ACTION_UP){
        mousePressed=false;
    }
    return super.surfaceTouchEvent(event);
}

Finally, i can work on my future android projects. Thank you very much!

3 Likes