P5js Project Template for ATOM

I was searching for a way to create rapidly new p5.js projects by template in Atom, but I have found none so I made mine and I hope it can help you as well:
https://github.com/MatteRohrn/p5jsProjectTemplateForAtom

It requires atom-smart-template in addition to Atom.
looking forward for feedback.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for making and sharing this.

Could this be listed with other Atom packages for Processing?

I’m glad to give my small contribution.
I have only put together the p5.js libraries and an index into a template to be used with atom-smart-template to generate a basic p5 project. I suppose that to release it as a package for atom I should first fork atom-smart-template. At the end it would be a re-labeled project supplemented with the template I created. On the other hand p5js-toolbar already includes the functionality to create a p5.js project from a template. I was experimenting with other extensions less impacting on the UI :nerd_face:. Do you thing it may be and interesting package, or just redundant ?

Good question. I had assumed that contributing it would make it easier for Atom users to discover it the Atom package interface, but maybe you are right that people installing atom-smart-template and then downloading the your template is the way to go.

I see you point, releasing it as a package would make it easy to access in a consistent manner. But, since atom-smart-template is a flexible little app, to make it more visible I would make a video tutorial that shows how to use it for P5.js by downloading the template I have made rather than releasing a new package. That way I could also show how to personalize it even more by making the own template, for example with only the minified libraries or together with other libraries…