Need help for a simple game

Hi,

I am an architecture student and I need to develop a simple game for a project, but I never coded. Here is what I need to do (in Java):

-I want three shapes of different color blue-yellow-red to move in the screen in a ‘‘DVD player’’ fashion.
-there are three behaviours that are each assigned to a color:
1)scale up/down;
2)shake more/less;
3)multiply/divide
-when the mouse touches a shape, the shape’s behavior is diminished (ex it scales down or shakes less) BUT it also amplifies the behaviour of another shape (ex a shape of another color is multiplied)

-when the mouse is clicked, the behaviors switch and are assigned to another color.

If somebody has an idea on how to write this it would save my life; I am currently trying to understand how to create classes of objects but I am a bit lost.

Thank you very much!

A newbie

even we would like to save lives,
we can not / are not allowed to / do your home work.

but we can help.
please post your class code and your specific question
( possibly reduced to ONE point to work on first )

the code must be formatted! in PDE and here for posting.

Hello,

Goggle search for classes+processing

A lot of good links there to get you started.

:slight_smile:

Not understandable what you mean

Are you talking about buttons like play and stop buttons?

See also

https://processing.org/tutorials/objects/

Drawing colored shapes is quite easy to do with Processing and generating a random number, which is fairly easy in Java and most mainstream languages, will help you to select a different shape from some collection of them. You are going to need to track the state of a particular shape though across the whole of the time the program runs, something which objects will help with.

For storing different kind of objects in an Arraylist see