loadImage issue

I have a trivial problem. I can’t seem to load an image file, which is in the same directory as the html code here https://editor.p5js.org/ylh888/sketches/wNPt1-pbY

Running on my local browser, it shows the same “Loading …” message as in the linked sketch above, but of course I do have the file in the directory. What seems to be the problem? I’m using OSX with Safari and Chrome. Is there is a security setting that I need to reset?

1 Like

Your “sketch.js” file there got HTML tags in it, such as <html>, <script> & <body>. :warning:

Vanilla JS syntax doesn’t support those kind of tags. Those should go into “.html” files instead. :no_entry:

Here’s a sketch w/ “index.html” + “sketch.js” files, and 2 images inside its subfolder “assets/”: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks.

My ‘sketch’ was actually an index.html code with javascript included.

In any event, I replicated your code and still get “Loading …”. I am guessing it may be an ‘environment’ issue of some sort.

If you wish, you can delete the “sketch.js” file and keep “index.html” only w/ your whole code in it.

However, for organization purposes, it’s better to separate the HTML code from the JS 1s.

OSX Safari defaults to blocking uploading of local files. The solution is to go into Develop tab and check Disable Local File Restrictions.

2 Likes