Issues Regarding Building p5.js 1.1.9 on local System

I am starting to learn Contributing to opensource and choose p5.js to start with as I am familiar with Javascriptand p5.js both. I have Successfully Installed the p5 repo and while trying to build with no changes. I encountered an issue while building it.
I have followed all the procedure to start building it using The Coding Train Tutorial.

Hi,

Welcome to the community! :wink:

Can you provide the following information ? :

• Your operating system
  • p5.js and npm version
  • full error code from the console (use the </> button on the forum to insert code)
1 Like

My System Info:

• Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Intelยฎ Celeronยฎ 2957u @ 1.40Ghz 1.40Ghz
  • RAM - 2.0GB
  • 64-bit based Operating System
  • Lenovo B50

Versions:

• p5.js - 1.1.9
  • npm - 6.14.4
  • node - 12.16.3

Cmd File:

> p5@1.1.9 grunt C:\Users\Lenovopc\Documents\GitHub\p5.js
> grunt

Running "eslint:build" (eslint) task
C:\Users\Lenovopc\Documents\GitHub\p5.js\tasks\build\browserify.js:26:17: Replace `ยท?ยท'p5-test.js'` with `
โŽยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยท?ยท'p5-test.js'
โŽยทยทยทยทยทยทยท` [Error/prettier/prettier]

1 problem
Warning: Task "eslint:build" failed.a Use --force to continue.

Aborted due to warnings.

Log Of npm:

0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli [
1 verbose cli   'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe',
1 verbose cli   'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js',
1 verbose cli   'run',
1 verbose cli   'grunt'
1 verbose cli ]
2 info using npm@6.14.4
3 info using node@v12.16.3
4 verbose run-script [ 'pregrunt', 'grunt', 'postgrunt' ]
5 info lifecycle p5@1.1.9~pregrunt: p5@1.1.9
6 info lifecycle p5@1.1.9~grunt: p5@1.1.9
7 verbose lifecycle p5@1.1.9~grunt: unsafe-perm in lifecycle true
8 verbose lifecycle p5@1.1.9~grunt: PATH: C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\npm-lifecycle\node-gyp-bin;C:\Users\Lenovopc\Documents\GitHub\p5.js\node_modules\.bin;C:\Ruby27-x64\bin;C:\Users\Lenovopc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\Scripts\;C:\Users\Lenovopc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\;C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3;C:\Users\Lenovopc\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\Ruby27-x64\bin;C:\Users\Lenovopc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\Scripts\;C:\Users\Lenovopc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\;C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3;C:\Users\Lenovopc\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Windows\System32\wbem\;C:\Users\Lenovopc\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Program Files\R\R-4.0.2\bin;E:\jdk-15_windows-x64_bin\jdk-15\bin;C:\MinGW\bin
9 verbose lifecycle p5@1.1.9~grunt: CWD: C:\Users\Lenovopc\Documents\GitHub\p5.js
10 silly lifecycle p5@1.1.9~grunt: Args: [ '/d /s /c', 'grunt' ]
11 silly lifecycle p5@1.1.9~grunt: Returned: code: 3  signal: null
12 info lifecycle p5@1.1.9~grunt: Failed to exec grunt script
13 verbose stack Error: p5@1.1.9 grunt: `grunt`
13 verbose stack Exit status 3
13 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\npm-lifecycle\index.js:332:16)
13 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:310:20)
13 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\npm-lifecycle\lib\spawn.js:55:14)
13 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:310:20)
13 verbose stack     at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1021:16)
13 verbose stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:286:5)
14 verbose pkgid p5@1.1.9
15 verbose cwd C:\Users\Lenovopc\Documents\GitHub\p5.js
16 verbose Windows_NT 6.3.9600
17 verbose argv "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "run" "grunt"
18 verbose node v12.16.3
19 verbose npm  v6.14.4
20 error code ELIFECYCLE
21 error errno 3
22 error p5@1.1.9 grunt: `grunt`
22 error Exit status 3
23 error Failed at the p5@1.1.9 grunt script.
23 error This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
24 verbose exit [ 3, true ]

1 Like

Ok thanks,

I am not so qualified to help you solve the issue, the best way is to open an issue on the p5.js github repository (by specifying the above configuration and logs) :

1 Like

Thank You Sir

:pray::pray: THANK YOU SIR FOR REPLYING. I TRIED A LOT TO SEARCH HOW TO COMMUNICATE TO PROCESSING BUT THERE ARE NO EASY WAY BY WHICH WE CAN CONTACT. THANKS FOR REPLYING SIR AS I WAS LOSING HOPES TO CONTINUEโ€ฆ :pray::pray: