How to target android sdk version 28 in order to put an app on the play store?

Hello everyone ^^, I tried all day searching everywhere why can’t I put my android app on the play store. This is my first time trying to do so and the program is working perfectly fine on my phone but when I try to put it on the Google play store I get this error :

(I can only put on picture per post so I write multiple post)

Apparently it’s because since the 1st of august they added a new rule saying that the apps must target Api 28 (it was 26 before so the default Api proposed by processing Android mode).
So I need to put “android target sdk” to 28, the problem is that when I do so in the manifest file

it changes automatically at the moment of the exportation…

I tried changing other files like preferences but again it just changes automatically !

Even the build.gradle file wich I changed things like the error of having “28.0.3” which doesn’t work didn’t helped me :

I think that the problem is from the default version of the android sdk built tools which is too old (version 26.0.2) to allow to target version 28 Api but I don’t know how to change that because there are no other updates available :

I tried downloading a more recent sdk build

but I have no idea what to do with it and where to put it so that processing uses this in order to make my app target Android Api 28.

I would greatly appreciate any help I’m getting lost with all those files that just automatically change themselves xD

I have the same problem, do you find a solution ?

Not yet, if you find one please tell me, I’m doing other unrelated stuff for now but I would certainly appreciate being able to publish my small app :sweat_smile:

I find a solution ! You can install APDE on your android phone and import your processing project un, then you can export apk on your mobile with api 28!! It’s the only solution now!

1 Like

Thank you a lot ! I’ll try to do it in this evening and I’ll comment back if it worked (:slightly_smiling_face:

Btw, tu es français ? ^^ En tout cas merci beaucoup pour le coup de main camarade :smiley:

Ouai je suis français, je parle pas très bien anglais je sais j’ai que 16 ans😂

Juste pour que ça marche, dans APDE faut aller dans sketch properties et ensuite mettre la valeur target SDK à 28 (pour api 28)

Ahaha t’inquiètes je suis pas beaucoup mieux même si j’ai 18 ans :joy: En tout cas merci beaucoup mais une fois que j’ai exporté mon projet sur Apde je n’arrive pas à le récupérer sur mon pc, je ne le trouve pas et autrement en utilisant “tools” - > export signed package je ne sais pas quoi faire avec “keystore”

Alors le keystore je sais pas exactement à quoi ça sert mais en gros c’est un fichier qui stocke les mot de clé de l’application. Il faut donc juste que tu définisse l’endroit où tu veux mettre ce fichier. Le bouton parcourir est complètement bugué pour moi ducoup il faut écrire le chemin complet manuellement.

Ensuite tu dois définir 2 mots de passes qu’il faudra pas oublier car sans eux tu ne pourras plus mettre à jour ton application dans le play store.

Et après tout ça normalement c’est bon, moi aussi j’ai un peu galéré au début :joy:

J’ai une solution plus simple.
Il faut installer Android Studio.
Sur Processing faire File -> Export Android project.
Sur Android Studio importer le “Android Project” (import project).
Sur Grable (Grable Script/ build.grable(Module)) mettre l’api à 28 ( compileSdkVersion et targetSdkVersion ) et les dependences( dependencies) à ‘com.android.support:appcompat-v7:28.0.0’ et ‘com.android.support:design:28.0.0’.
Puis au final Build->Generate Signed APK.

1 Like

I got a simpler solution.
Install Android Studio.
On Processing do File->Export Android project.
On Android Studio import the “Android Project”( import project ).
On Grable (Grable Script/ build.grable(Module)) put the api to 28 ( compileSdkVersion and targetSdkVersion ) and the dependencies to ‘com.android.support:appcompat-v7:28.0.0’ and ‘com.android.support:design:28.0.0’.
Then do Build->Generate Signed APK.

1 Like