I have written a method in a processing projects and I’m going to use it in other unrelated projects. Is there a way to use the method without having to copy it every time?
Guess everything is said about, but here a list of some suggestions … (from easy to hard)
- copy your function by text
- create a file ie mystuff.pde with your functions and copy the file to every sketchfolder you want.
- create a jar with your functions and drag&drop it to PDE for every sketch you want it to be in
- create a contributed library which you can put in your sketchbook library folder and add via menu add library from PDE
- create a menu extension library which you can use via PDE tools menu (ie. Add my function)
- clone the github processing locally, add your function to the ie core functionality and build your own PDE