Help! Has anyone gotten a mic to work with Minim on Raspbian?

Hi, I realize this is likely more of a Minim issue than Processing, but hoping I can find someone who has solved a similar problem here.

I’m using minim to take a sound input and apply FFT transformations to a sketch. It works fine on a Debian x86 machine, but when ported over to Raspbian I can’t get minim to play nicely with my audio source.

The following error comes up when trying to run the sketch:

==== JavaSound Minim Error ====
==== Couldn’t open the line: line with format PCM_SIGNED 44100.0 Hz, 16 bit, stereo, 4 bytes/frame, little-endian not supported.

==== JavaSound Minim Error ====
==== Unable to return a SourceDataLine: unsupported format - PCM_SIGNED 44100.0 Hz, 16 bit, stereo, 4 bytes/frame, little-endian

Here is the excerpt of code:

in = minim.getLineIn(Minim.STEREO,512);
fft = new FFT(in.bufferSize(), in.sampleRate());

Has anyone else resolved this? Doing some digging online, I’ve found the following resource:

https://forum.processing.org/one/topic/sound-with-minim-no-longer-works.html

Trying to implement the fix from the second link now, will update if successful…

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

That sounds like something the Minim folks might be interested in hearing about.

Could be caused by the default audio interface not having inputs…

Also try the new Processing Sound library, btw - available in the Contribution Manager!

I got same errors with minim , RPi3 and cheap usb sound card, until I understand the mic input was only mono.
in = minim.getLineIn(Minim.MONO,512);
Also have to check setting in alsa-mixer in command line.
now it work, but I switched to a pihat audio card, cause I need stereo input…