Execution failed for task app

Full error below as the title wouldn’t accept it

I have been stuck on a problem for hours now, and after many hours of debugging I have given up and need help. The error reads:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:app:transformClassesWithDexBuilderForDebug’.
    com.android.build.api.transform.TransformException: com.android.builder.dexing.DexArchiveBuilderException: com.android.builder.dexing.DexArchiveBuilderException: Failed to process C:\Users\(myUserName)\AppData\Local\Temp\android5429541723127013969sketch\app\build\intermediates\transforms\desugar\debug\1.jar

So after a whole night of debugging this is what I found and what I’ve tried:
What was recommended most was using

./gradelw clean

However this meant a whole bunch of new problems with the command still not working and getting stuck on

Failed to notify project evaluation listener error

Which I have not found a solution for.

Deleting the Android folder did not seem to resolve the issue, with it persisting and not making a new android folder

Reinstalling the Android Library which did also not resolve the problem

CrossPosted on java - Execution failed for task app:transformClassesWithDexBuilderForDebug in Processing - Stack Overflow

Issue solved on stackoverflow,
the Processing video library is not compatible with Android mode

Hi
I’m still not convinced,
@Electronix in this link is having problems as well.
It may be a wrong structure setup of the library.
I am trying to restructure it following the rules below given on this page, and also adding the dex jar needed. If you only need to play a file you can do it in native code in the first link. The cassette library works also well.

How to build

1. git clone git@github.com:processing/processing-sound.git
  2. (optional: copy (or soft-link) processing-core.zip from your local Processing for Android mode as well as your Android SDK’s android.jar , API level 26 or higher, into the library/ folder. If you don’t do this, these will be downloaded from GitHub instead. Note that as of version 2.2 the sound library is compiled against Processing’s Android mode rather than the normal Processing core.jar in order to more smoothly support AudioIn on Android. Other dependencies, in particular Phil Burk’s JSyn engine on which this library is based, are also all downloaded automatically by ant.)
  3. ant dist (or, alternatively, run build.xml from within Eclipse)

The resulting sound.zip can be extracted into your Processing installation’s libraries/ folder.