Video : original graphics, full animated with processing sync with midi music
Music : full composition of an original soundtrack
This is a short animation on original music about a reflection on our society and the virus.
The animated film was fully programmed / edited with processing
3D rendering, Morphing, GLSL shader, 2D/3D animations, midi bus
Very thanks to Dan Shiffman for his wonderful videos
- 2D Graphics with inkscape
- 3D Modeling with blender
- The sound made with waveform from tracktion
- VST used to voice: Alterego from plogue com
- FFmpeg to record image.
Brief technical description:
- Music send midi messages via midi bus to synchronize graphicals events.
- I have used PGraphics to layer 2D animations with 3D animations.
- 3D models made under blender exported to obj. I’ve writing code to import OBJ file
and to recognize morphing models.
- Code write of 3D rendering and 3D morphing.
- “Dot print” effects is a custom GLSL shader I’ve wrote. It can be applied to whole of image or on layer (PGraphics) parts of image.
- Logo to the end is SVG file imported, each part of svg is animated separatly.
All animations are coded.
- Eye is animated procedurally, it react to random events
- Mouth is drive by music (this is some MIDI events that synchronize animation)
- Some particles effects
- Logo animation
- Transition screens
- Dot effects layers and components
For record animation, I’ve tried to use VIDEO export lib, but it is too slow, and I have some lags when 3D animation appears. This is loose synchronization with midi events. I have used ffmpeg in command line by external process to grab my screen. But VIDEO export lib very full help me when I developp this project to test progress results.
Video compression of youtube destroy a lot of “dot style” rendering of result.
All comments are welcome !