I don’t get it, really don’t. I have a sketch which draws two spheres using code from the examples. The outer sphere is drawn just barely bigger than the inner sphere. The inner sphere uses an alpha image that is transparent. On the desktop, because the inner image is transparent, I can see through to the outer sphere when zoomed inside. It works great on the desktop. I did everything necessary to get the code working with android studio and compiled, loaded without any errors. On android, when the code loads, I can see the outer sphere for a quick second and then it goes black. Basically, it only lets me see one sphere and the image I project onto it.
I don’t understand where the problem is. I believe at one point I might have had it working on android but I cant remember. Any clues?
can you precise which example you are using (or put your code)
The easiest way to share the code is to go to this link: https://github.com/HarryDrones/StarClockI
StarClockI has an executable for win64 and the processing source code is also there. My android version is a fragment with a few changes like a project line at the top and turning the sketch into a class that extends PApplet, but no changes to the actual sketch code. I take that back I did make a change. I had to use Ketai to open and read the database otherwise it gave me a EROFS, something about read only filesystem. That is the only change to the processing sketch.
So, yeah, when it opens in android, for a brief second or so the sphere with the stars image appears and then goes black. If I hit the clock button and zoom inside, its black unless I tap the lower left of the screen. Tap makes the circles of position draw, but the outer sphere is still not visible.
I’ve identified the problem. On the desktop, I have two spheres with one being bigger by 1 unit. I also use the hint(DISABLE_DEPTH_TEST). I’ve also tested the desktop version with hint(ENABLE_DEPTH_TEST). Either way, the two spheres are “visible”, with the inner one being invisible so that the outer sphere is always visible.
On Android, Depth Testing makes no difference at all. The outer sphere is not visible except for a brief second when the app starts. So, I tried something. I made both spheres the identical size. Now they are both visible with one annoying problem and that is both are striped and intertwined but its a start I guess.
I have no clue why it does this on android, nor any clue how to fix it.
Hi. Maybe you want to check the controlP5 basic examples. I simply do not use that lib anymore in Android. Too many problems. I prefer java views programmaticaly.
Thanks. I’m only using one controlP5 button. It works fine on Android, but I understand what youre saying about controlP5 being trouble on Android. The problem I have doesn’t go away when I remove controlP5.
I will play with blendMode. ….And it didn’t fix the problem with Android. On the desktop, I got lots of effects with blendMode. I conclude that there is a fundamental difference between how Android renders and how my desktop does, or certain features of Processing are just not functional in Android.