Creating a game in P5JS

Good morning, everyone,

I would like to have some help in my project. My project is as follows: Create a game in P5JS ( of your choice).

I already have the basis of the script and I know what I want to do next but unfortunately I don’t know how to do it! :confused:

The game I claim to create is simply a kind of “shooting game”. In the Canvas, I would like to see random targets/zombies appear every 2 or 3 seconds where the goal is to shoot them to eliminate them. When they are affected, I would like them to disappear.

I already have a background, a “Crosshair” instead of the mouse cursor, and now I have to animate the game, it’s at this level that I block: /

I would therefore like to know if my project is feasible thanks to the P5JS. If so, I would like to have solutions/examples of codes that I could use! :slight_smile:

To summarize:

• To make targets appear randomly in the Canvas every 2 3 seconds.

• When the target is hit, make it disappear.

Thank you in advance,

Ziomix,

Here is the code I have for the moment (script):

const CANVAS_WIDTH=666;
const CANVAS_HEIGHT=500;
var img;
var cross;
var cible;

function preload() {
img=loadImage("asset/background.jpg");
}

function setup() {
createCanvas(CANVAS_WIDTH,CANVAS_HEIGHT);
img=loadImage("asset/background.jpg");
cross=loadImage("asset/crosshair.png");
cible=loadImage("asset/cible.png");
//zombie=loadImage("asset/zombie211x384.png");

}

function draw() {

noCursor(); // enlever le curseur
image(img, 0, 0);
image(cible, 333, 250, height / 7, cross.width / 7, cross.height / 7);
imageMode(CENTER); // permet de centrer le pointeur au centre ^^ ( CORNER par défaut )
image(cross, mouseX, mouseY, height / 10, cross.width / 10, cross.height / 10);

}
1 Like

Hi, I think your project is totally feasible!
I recommend you to take a look at this library:

The site have a lot of examples that maybe can help you.

1 Like

Hi, , thank you for answering me and giving me your help, I have indeed visited this site before and I had not discovered all the features of this site. But now, I have been able to discover a lot of things and different tips and tricks thanks to this site! Thank you very much for your help, I am gradually moving forward in my project

1 Like