Crashing a lot after updates

After recent Windows 10 updates all of my coding crashes instantly when I opened them. What is happening with those updates. Does anyone suffer the same problem? Help me please!

Can you describe your crash please? It opens and shows some error message? Or is it when your ran you code?

Kf

Hello, I have simmilar problems I didn’t have last time I worked with Processing (some months ago) running the same projects. I assumed it all came from new Windows updates.
When running the example code here: https://processing.org/reference/libraries/video/Capture.html

I get this error:
Could not run the sketch (Target VM failed to initialize).
For more information, read revisions.txt and Help ? Troubleshooting.

And when running my own project, I get these:

(java.exe:1164): GStreamer-CRITICAL **:
Trying to dispose element rgb, but it is in PAUSED instead of the NULL state.
You need to explicitly set elements to the NULL state before
dropping the final reference, to allow them to clean up.
This problem may also be caused by a refcounting bug in the
application or some element.

(java.exe:1164): GStreamer-CRITICAL **:
Trying to dispose element Video Capture, but it is in PAUSED instead of the NULL state.
You need to explicitly set elements to the NULL state before
dropping the final reference, to allow them to clean up.
This problem may also be caused by a refcounting bug in the
application or some element.

I couldn’t display any image from the webcam in any of the cases.
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
albact7

@barryalen1992 You should consider checking prev post in the older forum. Try removing and installing the Processing library (Back up your Processing resources first). You need to remove the preferences file as well and see if that fixes the problem. If it doesn’t, I would advise creating an issue in the github page of the Processing foundation.

@albact7 Do you experience your problems only with files that access the Capture class? Can you try testing with other simpler files? The idea is to figure out if it is the core library or if it is just related to video resources. Don’t forget to describe your OS and provide an mcve.

Kf

In the example: https://processing.org/reference/libraries/video/Capture.html
This is the line when crashes:
String cameras = Capture.list();

And in my project:

Capture video;
video = new Capture(this, 640, 480);
video.start(); //crashes here

I still get the same errors as in previous post. I have tested with other simpler files without Capture class and they work without problem.

My OS:
Windows 10 Home
Version: 1803
OS version: 17134.81

Regards,
albact7