Convert java bufferedimage to PImage

@sulin

As you see, you get suggestions similar (if not the same) as I suggested before. So saying that I am not trying to help is really misleading.

Now, let’s make something clear. I am a volunteer in the forum. I am not affiliated with the Processing Foundation in any way beside helping in this forum. We receive criticism that we are not polite or that we don’t do enough. Ok. Let’s put this in perspective:

1. The number of volunteers in the forum is a handful at best. They do help from their bottom of their hearts.
  2. They are taking their own time to [A] Read your post [B] Figure it out [C] put together an answer
  3. Time is gold, as you might now
  4. We need to find a line between been polite and efficient. Currently ppl do their best based on their intentions.
  5. Your case is very interesting. You are using an external library. Even if you provide a link to your resources, it will imply somebody needs to become familiar with this library. Please note point #3
  6. You provide a code that is not complete. Are you familiar with an MCVE? You don’t have to, but it helps a lot to be able to run and reproduce your issue.
  7. To generate a proper post, please check here
  8. If something is not working in the Processing engine, you are welcome to post in github ticket

So you are saying that ppl more knowledgeable will come to assist you? Great, you might want to check the forum and see that if a question is not answered but one of us, the volunteers of this forum, it will simply not get answered at all. The Processing Foundation does not have a core of volunteers, from my understanding, to come and resolve the issues that arises from cross-integration. Even ppl that know the library needs to go back and read the source code. They will also trace it to find an answer or provide a suggestion. However, don’t hold your breadth waiting from somebody from the foundation to come to assist you. That rarely happens, and in very special circumstances. This is the challenge of Open Source projects.

If anybody needs help with their projects, you can promote it some incentive. For instance, I know that @TfGuy44 is always available to hire. He is very knowledgeable and always willing to help. In our previous forum there was a channel for Events & Opportunities where ppl would make these intentions available to all members of the community.

I understand your point and I take this moment to make things clear from my end. You can arise issues directly to the foundation, if you feel like. You can even propose solutions if you think there is a problem. I can only tell people like you that we need to take care of the volunteers in this forum as ppl get burnt helping here with the waves of questions that arrive every day.

Kf

1 Like