when making a movie, I always wanted to go by the scene or object with a flying camera.
This would be cool for Animation.
I made a sketch now that features two different curves to animate the flying camera:
- one for camera position
- one for camera Look At.
Both beziers can be edited separately.
Then you can hit 0 or 9 to see the camera in action: it travels on one curve and looks to the point (same point number) on the other curve.
There are 3 edit view modes:
- from south (processing standard), here mouseX and mouseY apply to x,y
- from Top, here mouseX and mouseY apply to x,z
- from West, here mouseX and mouseY apply to z,y
You can edit the 2 bezier curves by drag and drop
- either 2 anchor points (boxes) on each curve
- or the 2 control points (spheres) on each curve.
- load and save the 2 curves (use l and s)
- zoom in and out (right mouse button)
- read the help screen (h)
I hope this helps others to animate their scene or object with a camera animation that can be used with other sketches.