Blepdroid Bluetooth BLE and FragmentManager Issue

Hello, I also recently came across this very problem, I am trying to make an android app to communicate with a Bluetooth 4 BLE module with Arduino. After facing this problem with Blepdroid, I wanted to write the program from scratch from the codes of Java on the website of android developers. But couldn’t get started with even the basic lines of Android Java code. I read other codes on Processing Android to get started but I couldn’t get them to work, even after importing the proper files!!
For example I got errors like the IDE couldn’t resolve the datatype BluetoothAdapter and BluetoothManager. I am also less than a beginner in Android Java coding. So my question is processing android can execute original Android Java codes, right? If so can anybody point me to the right resource to learn to use the original JAVA android code to run on Processing!
ThankYou

Hi Rajduino,

My application was also for use with Arduino module BLE interfaces. The problem with the Blepdroid library seems to be due to the Processing Android Mode version change from version 3 to version 4. Before the version change my software ran in Processing with no problem.

I also tried to get other BLE libraries to work with the new version of Processing but no success. That is almost certainly a reflection of my lack of knowledge of Java. I left a comment on Joshua’s Github page under the issues section and emailed him. He kindly offered to check the Blepdroid issue but I imagine its a tricky problem.

I’ve rewritten my software using another programming language ‘App Inventor’ which has a very capable BLE interface but would like to have my old software running in Processing as it did before because of its graphics capability.

It’s working again: https://github.com/processing/processing-android/issues/507

I manual updated to Android mode 271

It’s searching and find the device but it won’t connect (yet)

This is causing it:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No virtual method keySet()Ljava/util/concurrent/ConcurrentHashMap$KeySetView; in class Ljava/util/concurrent/ConcurrentHashMap; or its super classes (declaration of ‘java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap’ appears in /system/framework/core-libart.jar)