Making p5.js downloadable again (solved)

Well, as you might have noticed, every download link on the p5js.org page takes you to their support page.
And that’s it unfortunately. You apparently can’t download it.

1 Like

I’ve just noticed, that you can download it by opening the links in a new tab.
Ahm… am I the only one experiencing these weird issues?

Not sure whether we’re talking about the same links, but when I press the big, red coloured link ‘download’ on https://p5js.org/ I get redirected to the download page. When I thereafter press on ‘p5.js complete’ I get redirected to their support page, but a pop-up appears asking whether I want to save or open p5.zip.

I used the latest version of Firefox and everything seems to be a-ok; perhaps some browser or pc setting issue?

1 Like

hey @EnderArchery! i saw this bug in the p5 website repository and i think it might be what you are experiencing? does downloading work if you disable your pop up blocker?

1 Like

Well, I tried disabling my Ad-Blockers, but Chrome has a pup-up blocker itself. And it doesn’t even try to alert me, that there was an incident. I thought about the same when I noticed that opening the link in a new tab works.
Disabling the built in blocker resolved my problems.

But I still think there should be downloadlinks on the support page, when you access it from the download section. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@EnderArchery – maybe comment on the issue and give your Chrome version number and what OS you are on?

Always good for devs to have direct contact with a person who is actually experiencing the problem.

1 Like